How to Ride a Meitetsu Train
Purchase the railway ticket to your destination before boarding the train.
Tickets can be purchased at ticket vending machines and ticket booths.
The μ-SKY Limited Express, the Rapid Limited Express and the Limited Express trains have First class cars which require a railway ticket and a First class car ticket. (The ticket costs 360 yen and is called a "μTicket".)
Seat reservations are made when you purchase a μTicket. If you board a First class car without a μTicket, please pay the surcharge to the train attendant. In such cases, seat reservations cannot be made.
There are several types of railway tickets. Railway tickets purchased at ticket vending machines are basic fare tickets. The fare differs according to the distance traveled, and child fares (ages 6 - 12) are about half of the adult fares (rounded up by 10 yen units).
Only one person is valid for each ticket and with a stopover, the ticket will become invalid. For further information, please see a station attendant.
Basic Fare Ticket
- One-way tickets are valid for a day; round-trip tickets are valid for 2 days from the day of purchase.
- Basic fare tickets used with First class car tickets (μTickets) can be purchased from a month previous to the date of boarding (the dates of the two tickets must be the same).
- There are 2 kinds of commuter passes: student commuter passes & general commuter passes. Passes are valid for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.
- New passes can be purchased from 7 days prior to the first date of use.
•The validity of passes can be extended from 14 days prior to the renewal date.
- For information on when and where commuter passes can be used, please see a station attendant.
Group Fare Ticket
If a group of more than 25 passengers plan to travel the same route, please contact the station or station service center in advance. There are cases where a group discount can be applied.