Guideline for Protection of Personal Information
Nagoya Railroad Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "Nagoya Railroad"), in recognition of the importance of privacy, and in recognition of its corporate social responsibility to use and administer personal information appropriately, will protect users' personal information in accordance with the Guideline for Protection of Personal Information set forth herein.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
- When obtaining personal information from a user, Nagoya Railroad shall stipulate as exactly as possible the purposes of use of such information, and shall not exceed the bounds of necessity for achieving such purposes.
- Nagoya Railroad shall obtain personal information from users by fair and lawful means.
2. Use of Personal Information
Nagoya Railroad shall use personal information within the extent required.
3. Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
Nagoya Railroad shall not provide users' personal information to any third party, except in the following circumstances.
- The user grants approval for his/her information to be provided to third parties.
- Nagoya Railroad discloses or provides information that cannot identify individuals, such as statistical data.
- Nagoya Railroad needs to disclose information to a contractor with whom it has entered into a nondisclosure agreement.
- Nagoya Railroad's business is taken over by a third party in a merger, company split, transfer of business, or other such method.
- Nagoya Railroad provides to a third party personal data intended for provision to a third party in the condition that personal data is to be discontinued upon request by the individual in accordance with Article 23 Paragraph 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- Other circumstances stipulated by law.
4. Administration of Personal Data
- Nagoya Railroad shall implement any and all measures necessary and appropriate for the secure administration of personal data in order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, and leaking thereof, including but not limited to protection against unauthorized access and computer virus infection.
- Nagoya Railroad shall provide ongoing training and education for all employees regarding protection of personal information.
5. Notification, Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuation
If Nagoya Railroad receives a request from a user for notification of purposes of use of his or her own personal data, disclosure or Correction, etc., of such data, or Discontinuation of Use, etc., of such data, the company shall respond to such request promptly, having first ascertained the user's identification.
Nagoya Railroad shall, as part of its privacy protection initiatives, appoint a Chief Privacy Officer and establish an Information Security Committee, and shall appoint within its department responsible for handling personal information a Privacy Protection Manager and a Personal Information Administrator. Such people and organs shall be authorized to administer and manage users' personal information, and through these Nagoya Railroad shall administer personal information appropriately.
Nagoya Railroad shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other relevant regulations.
8. Maintenance and Improvement
Nagoya Railroad shall institute internal regulations, an in-house framework, and operational methods pertaining to protection of personal information, and shall strive to revise and improve these constantly.
*The terms "personal information," "personal data," and "retained personal data" used herein shall be defined in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Nagoya Railroad may amend the policies set forth above. Any and all such amendments shall be published on this website.
Revised on August 24, 2006
*Click here to request notification of purposes of use of retained personal data, disclosure or Correction, etc., of such data, or Discontinuation of Use, etc., of such data.
*Nagoya Railroad may amend the policies set forth above. Any and all such amendments shall be published on this website.