How to Ride a Meitetsu Train
Purchase the railway ticket to your destination before boarding the train.
Tickets can be purchased at ticket vending machines and ticket booths.
The μ-SKY Limited Express, the Rapid Limited Express and the Limited Express trains have First class cars which require a railway ticket and a First class car ticket. (The ticket costs 360 yen and is called a "μTicket".)
Seat reservations are made when you purchase a μTicket. If you board a First class car without a μTicket, please pay the surcharge to the train attendant. In such cases, seat reservations cannot be made.
The credit cards are available for purchasing boarding tickets listed below;
Meitetsu Travel Plaza （Central Japan International Airport Station）
Opening hours: 7:00 to 20:00
Meitetsu World Travel Meieki-chika brunch （Nagoya Station underground shopping complex）
Opening hours: 10:00 to 20:00
There are several types of railway tickets. Railway tickets purchased at ticket vending machines are basic fare tickets. The fare differs according to the distance traveled, and child fares (ages 6 - 12) are about half of the adult fares (rounded up by 10 yen units).
Only one person is valid for each ticket and with a stopover, the ticket will become invalid. For further information, please see a station attendant.
Basic Fare Ticket
- One-way tickets are valid for a day; round-trip tickets are valid for 2 days from the day of purchase.
- Basic fare tickets used with First class car tickets (μTickets) can be purchased from a month previous to the date of boarding (the dates of the two tickets must be the same).
- There are 2 kinds of commuter passes: student commuter passes & general commuter passes. Passes are valid for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.
- New passes can be purchased from 7 days prior to the first date of use.
•The validity of passes can be extended from 14 days prior to the renewal date.
- For information on when and where commuter passes can be used, please see a station attendant.
Group Fare Ticket
If a group of more than 25 passengers plan to travel the same route, please contact the station or station service center in advance. There are cases where a group discount can be applied.